Sunday 23 November 2014

You really never know!

I love to play Scrabble.  A game that I have played for many years as a board game and then online for a number of years.  It's amazing because you truly don't know who you are going to be matched up with and sometimes... you make that connection that is more that "Just another player!"  My new friend lives in the United States and he is a writer like I am....hence why he's so good at Scrabble.  Don't tell him I said so!

So why am I writing about him....because we have gone a step past the Scrabble board.  Tonight we had a beautiful long conversation about my journey and he expressed how proud he was of me and what I've accomplished.  It meant a lot to me.   If not for playing Scrabble together....would we have ever met?  Not likely and now I have a new friend that I enjoy talking to and we share a game we both enjoy as well.

I have to say....I laugh because I can clearly remember about 20 years ago, I didn't want anything to do with the computer.  I was afraid of it and didn't think it would be something I would be interested in.  My...how things have changed.   Now I am making friends in far away places.  It's very exciting.

The computer has made the world a much smaller place.   I have friends and family in Canada, the United States. Europe, South Africa and who knows who I will meet next?   Technology has REALLY changed the world for many people...myself included.  

If there is a negative, it's the frustration many of us feel when technology does NOT work.  Nothing more challenging than watching a little spinner on the page and your screen freezes.  Grrr. 

Oh well....this is definitely not a rant...just a thought that I wanted to share.

I hope you all have a very happy rest of the weekend.
Talk soon
Karen :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment