Monday 5 January 2015

No is not good enough!!

This is not intended to be negative or a pity party.  My hope and goal is to help inspire others and bring awareness around gastric bypass before and after the surgery.  This was me just a few years ago.

In March of 2011, I began my weight loss journey.  Almost one year to the day later, I had gastric bypass surgery.  It was the best thing I’ve ever done.  Today, almost 4 years later, I have lost just over 270lbs..  My life has changed drastically.  I have mobility and the doctors say I’ve likely added 35 years to my life.


This is me in Sept 2014
 
In my personal circumstance, O.H.I. P. covered the cost of the surgery.  The down side is with losing that much weight, I’m left with large amounts of excess skin all over my body.  To have it all removed is not covered by O.H.I.P.   I have spoken to a few Doctors and they are all saying the same...removing the excess skin is not covered.  For those of us who can’t afford the very costly surgery(s), what can be done?  I know I’m not alone here.
 
I am also asking for any help from anyone who has information on affordable options for gastric bypass and skin removal.  Please feel free to post or message me.  I’m not alone here and I’m sure there are others who are looking for answers as well. 

 

 

 

 

                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment