Wednesday 3 January 2018

The Journey continues!

January 2, 2018
Happy New Year Everyone!  I hope that you made it thru the holidays safely. 

What I have learned on this journey is I CAN do anything I set my mind to.  Actually, doing things for myself is not my challenge.  The challenge is to stay motivated and determined to see the task through to completion so to speak!  Now that's not to say I can't finish anything but there are a few things that I personally find more difficult to stick too.  Deterrents are welcome in my world when attempting something that "I" find challenging.  TIME for ME to change.  I want to find a way to make challenges more enjoyable so I can, as my sister would say "Git er dun" LOL.

#1 - In my 59 years on this earth, I have on occasion made NEW YEAR'S resolutions.  None of which I've every kept so that's not what this is.  

#2 - Personally, the best way to tackle my weight is to have a starting point.  As many of you know, I had gastric by-pass surgery in 2012.  Although I've done very well,  I'm to at my goal weight and I'm ready to continue toward my goal.  Just before Christmas two people that are near and dear to my heart inspired me to join them (on my own) as they work at becoming more healthier which is where I am heading as well.  After stepping on the scale this morning, the result was tremendous.  I'm less than first thought and closer to my goal than expected so I'm thrilled.  

#3 - Writing...it's a passion for me.  After speaking with a close friend and Author, V.J. Smith: "writing books requires a lot of work and an enormous amount of discipline" and he's right.  For me, the struggle is finding the joy.  My fingers hit the keys and I have writer's block or that's what I tell myself,  The reality is, writing is extremely joyful and there is a number of things to write about and share.  I'm on a mission...hehehe!!  Writing this blog is the beginning so stay tuned...there is more to come. 

There is a burning in my soul telling me that there are wonderful exciting things in my future and everything is better with a smile!




No comments:

Post a Comment